01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Afternoon Tea at Daci & Daci in Hobart 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Afternoon Tea at Daci & Daci in Hobart

34
As some of you might know before I moved to Melbourne for the first time in 2009 I was living in Hobart for a year and a half. I still have many friends down there, including my best friend, her husband and their two gorgeous children. I try to fly down there every now and then to spend some time with them. 
I've had some time off before starting a new job next week and decided it was the perfect excuse to fy down again for a long weekend.

As one of the afternoon activities I took the bus into town with the kids to meet my friend for afternoon tea at Daci & Daci, an awesome café that I've had lunch at before. They have the Aussie classics like sausage rolls, pies and quiches but also delectable tarts and cakes. The display was amazing and it took me a while to make a decision, in the end I made up my mind and went with the Hazelnut Dacquoise, my friend chose a Strawberry and Cream Macaron Tart. We also got a chocolate macaron for the little people and a coffee, hot chocolate and a milkshake. (The coffee was not for the kids of course!).

My Hazelnut Dacquoise was exactly what I had hoped for, a delicious mixture of roasted hazelnut meringue sponge and hazelnut praline buttercream, it wasn't the lightest of all cakes, but it also doesn't happen all the time that I get to enjoy cake with my bestie so I thought we deserved a treat! I loved the different layers of the cake and actually managed to finish it. It was crunchy and soft, absolutely amazing. 
My friend's Strawberry and Cream Macaron Tart was a vanilla pannacotta set on top of an oversized macaron, the macaron was crunchy, light and slightly chewy, just perfect and the pannacotta wasn't too heavy. Also a great choice. The little ones seemed to enjoy the macaron and milkshake. 
Daci & Daci is one of those places where you could just spend a whole day from breakfast until the afternoon and eat your way through the different sandwiches, breads, quiches and cakes on display.




I will definitely go back again when I fly to Hobart for my next visit!

Daci & Daci Bakers
9-11 Murray St
Hobart TAS 7000
Daci & Daci Bakers on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38