01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Cyn's Chocolate Brownies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cyn's Chocolate Brownies

34
We're invited to a farewell party tonight and I offered to bring cake. What's easy to make, good to transport, everyone loves it and feeds big crowds? Right, I had to make brownies I thought. And have you ever met anyone who doesn't like brownies?
I remembered I had brought Cynthia Barcomi's books with me when I moved over from Germany, and since Cynthia is originally from America I thought she just has to know how to make brownies!
I actually made a double batch and sprinkled one half with chopped walnut for a bit of added taste and texture.
Classic Brownies (makes 12)
200g dark cooking chocolate, chopped finely
75g butter
150g sugar
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp freshly brewed espresso or coffee
2 eggs, lightly whisked
200g dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
105g flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp bicarb soda

Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a square baking pan (23cm x 23cm) and set aside.
Put the finely chopped chocolate, together with the butter, sugar, instant coffee and freshly brewed coffee into a pot and heat on the stove or heat in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes to melt the chocolate. Be careful, chocolate burns easily. Let cool before adding the eggs. Never add the eggs to a warm mixture, as the brownies will turn hard. 

Now add the roughly chopped chocolate and all the other ingredients. and mix carefully. 
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes and test with a cake tester whether they are ready. 

Let the brownies cool before cutting into 12 pieces.
And then enjoy the chocolatey goodness! 

If you want, you can substitute 100g of the roughly chopped chocolate for roughl chopped walnuts inside the brownies.
Recipe translated from Cynthia Barcomi's Backbuch (only available in German)

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38