01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Spontaneous Friday Night Pizza at D.O.C. (Albert Park) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Spontaneous Friday Night Pizza at D.O.C. (Albert Park)

34
I started a new job and had my first week last week. Mr. L and I treated ourselves to a spontaneous meal at D.O.C. in Albert Park to celebrate those first successful days. We had walked past it the other day on a walk and thought that's close enough to try out without venturing too far from home on a relaxing night.
Despite most of the tables being occupied we were lucky and scored one straight away! 
For starters we ordered scamorza (smoked mozarella) with bresaola, which came out on a piece of radicchio and some breadsticks. It was incredible! It's now a few days later and I still think of this dish, that's how special it was.
For mains we ordered a Pizza Speck, which had smoked prosciutto, fontina, wild mushrooms & thyme on it and a Pizza ai Procini: wild mushrooms, truffle oil & mozarella in biancowith grated D.O.P. pecorino.
Oh wow, both pizzas were amazing. 
I think if I really had to choose a favourite it would have to be the Pizza Speck, I might just have to go back and try them both again!
I've been dreaming (and annoying Mr. L) about freeform thin crust pizzas, meaning I didn't want the pan pizzas or usual pizzas you often get. No I wanted what I finally found at D.O.C., the crust was deliciously thin and the toppings not too many. I always prefer pizzas with only a few, high quality toppings and I found my go-to place now.
For dessert we shared a Sweet Goat's Cheese Tiramisu, I wish we had gotten two not only one to share!
I will definitely go back, this is a place that I would love to come back to every few weeks, to have a relaxed glass of wine and pizza after work.
D.O.C. Pizza Albert Park
135 Victoria Avenue
Albert Park VIC3206
Phone: 03 9690 7960
www.docgroup.net
Mon-Thurs: Dinner only
Fri-Sat-Sun: Lunch & dinner

D.O.C. Albert Park on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38