01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Eating My Way Through Adriano Zumbo Patisserie South Yarra 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Eating My Way Through Adriano Zumbo Patisserie South Yarra

34
You can thank me later, I've done it. I've tried all macaron flavours at Zumbo in South Yarra, purely in the name of research of course.
Adriano Zumbo's Melbourne cafe is located on a rather small side street not far from Toorak Road and Chapel Street.
At the moment the street is mostly occupied by trucks and builders for several construction sites but in between all that is Zumbo. On display are amazing cakes in different sizes, pastries, zumbarons (macarons) and of course zonuts (cronuts). I'm not sure if I should say I'm lucky enough to work pretty close by as the temptation calls all the time, but it is convenient for a quick afternoon pick-me-up.
I've mostly had take-away sweets from here, the cafe does offer small tables to eat in but I don't find it very cosy with the rather cool silver bubbly wall.
The zonuts come as flavour of the week with very interesting flavours. So far I've tried a S'mores, a Strawberry Milkshake & Cornflakes, a Sunflower Praline and a Triple Chocolate one.
And yes, they have all been pretty great! My favourite so far has probably been the Strawberry Milkshake & Cornflakes Zonut I have to say but this week's flavour of Lemon & Blueberry Marshmallow might give it a run for its money.
Now for the macarons, compared to some other places they are actually moderately priced at $2.50 each and they come in some crazy flavour combinations as well as some classics like salted caramel.
Here's the list:
Salted Caramel on Toast - great, different texture, not as light, bit more coarse than the others but therefore also more toastlike

Bread and Butter Pudding - ok, but not as good as some of the others
Fingerbun - ok, not a massive fan of sultanas but an interesting flavour
Mandarin & Kaffir Lime - pretty good, definitely tasted fruity
Caramel au beurre sale - one of my favourites, lovely texture and great flavour
Salted Butter Popcorn - another one of favourites
Berry Brulee -delicious, slightly harder filling, almost like a white chocolate ganache with a berry in the middle
Malted Milkshake - nice flavour, very cool looking macaron with gold dust
Passionfruit & Honeycomb - not too bad, more honeycomb than passionfruit but have gone back for seconds
Francesco Brownie - something to be enjoyed on a cooler day, very rich and chocolatey
Grape Hubba Bubba - not a massive fan, tastes like chewing gum (duh), great for Hubba Bubba lovers I would say
Toasted marshmallow - surprisingly yummy!
Adriano Zumbo Pâtissier
12 -14 Claremont St
South Yarra VIC 3141
Monday - Sunday
7:00am-7:00pm
Adriano Zumbo Pâtissier on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38