01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Dinner at Fonda Mexican 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Dinner at Fonda Mexican

34
Last Friday I met with some girlfriends for a girls night out. We started with dinner at Fonda on Flinders Lane. I had been to this one and the one on Chapel Street before so we knew we would definitely get a table fairly quickly and still get yummy food.
I started off with one their "Basil, Darling?" frozen margarita before choosing my food. We had tortilla crisps with guacamole and smokey salsa to begin.
I loved the smokey chipotle flavour of the salsa and I'm a sucker for guacamole so this dish always ends up on my table when I go to Fonda.
Next we had some tacos, my favourite is the fish taco with chipotle aioli, pickled carrot & onion and cabbage. (I get that one every time I go to Fonda).
The braised pork one wasn't too bad either but the fish tacos just hit the spot every single time.
My Kiwi friend M and I shared a marinated kangaroo, mixed sprouts, sweet potato, peas, baby spinach and sherry vinaigrette. It was delicious and super fresh. I don't eat kangaroo very often but I really enjoyed it. I might have to try to recreate this one at home!
Some of the girls shared a mushroom burrito, which also had charred corn, panela cheese and baby spinach in it as well as chicken quesadilla.
They weren't overly impressed with the burrito as it was a bit bland but the loved the flavours of the quesadilla.
We also had some chips for the table which came with a delicious chipotle aoili. I think I have discovered chipotle for myself, I really liked all the dishes that used this smokey flavour.
Fonda is great for groups as everybody can just go up to the bar and order (and pay) for their food. The food was fresh and delicious, it's one of those places that I will definitely go back to again and again as you don't have to line up for hours on end as you usually have to in the city.
Fonda Mexican
31 Flinders Lane 
Melbourne, VIC 
Fonda on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38