01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Fitzrovia - Spontaneous Breakfast in St Kilda 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Fitzrovia - Spontaneous Breakfast in St Kilda

34
I've heard a lot about Fitzrovia but even when I was living in St Kilda I never managed to go. Today we had some errands to run in St Kilda and time to kill in between (I lost my bike key and had to get my lock cut, apparently it was a very good good, took them a while to cut through!) so we spotaneously decided to go to Fitzrovia.
The café is located in the Waldorf building on Fitzroy St opposite Albert Park. We scored a table outsided after being told inside was fully booked. It took a while until someone took notice of us sitting there and we got menues and could order our coffees. The menu looked amazing! 
The first thing that caught my eye was the Crème Brûlée French Toast.I love Crème Brûlée a lot and I can't go past a good French Toast so seeing the two combined as one dish sounded almost too good to be true! 
L chose the Thick Cut Bacon with Gruyère potato cake, fried eggs, chipotle, baby spinach and a beetroot remoulade.
When our food came out the wait was well worth it, both dishes looked great. The French Toast had a caramelised layer like a Crème Brûlée that was super crunchy.
L's thick cut bacon and especially the gruyère potato cake were super yummy. I did go back for seconds to his plate, the chipotle just matched the acidity of the beetroot so well it was hard to resist.
I will definitely go back but I have to say it's not a place where you can just grab a quick bite, the wait between placing our order and getting our food was about 40 minutes, but the food was very well done and delicious. 
I think next time I will try the confit duck omelette with ginger & spring onion, that just sounds devine!

Fitzrovia
155 Fitzroy St
St Kilda, VIC 3182
www.fitzrovia.com.au/
Monday - Thursday 7:00am-3:00pm
Friday 7:00am-10:00pm
Saturday 8:00am-10:00pm
Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm

Fitzrovia on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38