01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Breakfast in the Sun at Pavé Cafe in Adelaide 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Breakfast in the Sun at Pavé Cafe in Adelaide

34
Last weekend L took me to his hometown, Adelaide. I have been a few times before but that was years ago. I was very excited to road trip across the country to meet his old friends and some family. 
For breakfast one morning we went to Pavé Cafe on The Parade in Norwood. I loved the atmosphere of the café straight away with outdoor seating and wooden boxes with herbs that double as tables.

It must be a favourite with cyclists as there are dedicated bike hangers on the walls. And actually a few lycra-clad people enjoying their morning coffee.
I really fancied a smoothy and ordered a blueberry one. To eat L and I both had the Avocado Smash on Sourdough with feta, lemon, radishes and mint. I also got some mushrooms on the side.
The drinks came out pretty fast and so we could sit back and enjoy watching the people walking past. 
My blueberry smoothy wasn't too sweet and had a nice thick texture. And thank god they didn't use a syrup but real fruit!
The avo smash mightn't look very impressive in the photos (I only had my phone camera) but it as delicious. I really loved the radishes and mint on top. It added a whole extra level of freshness to the avocado. 
We really liked Pavé, especially since it seems the other choices on the Parade are much bigger cafes serving your usual bacon and eggs with not much love. 
I can't wait to go back to Adelaide, two days weren't enough!

Pavé Cafe
138 The Parade 
Norwood SA 5067
www.pavecafe.com.au
08 8431 5711
Pavé Cafe on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38