01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: High Tea At The Conservatory 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

High Tea At The Conservatory

34
A few weeks ago my friend SJ made the genius suggestion to organise a ladies high tea at the Conservatory at Crown. Great idea! I had never been before but I was certainly up for high tea. Sj had been raving about it so I was very excited.
We had made a booking for a Saturday afternoon and entered the big bright room on top of the broad staircase at crown, overlooking the Yarra.
The buffet looked beautiful and we were offered tea and coffee (you could also choose to have a glass of Moet & Chandon for an extra $20).
Photo by Margo B.
The buffet had a selection of different savoury and sweet foods, including several chocolate fountains and ice creams.
We started off with some little savoury bites. I opted for some sandwiches, a tart with spinach and polenta, a mini bruschetta, a crostini with a chicken and a Chinese duck pancake.
The polenta tart was amazing, probably my favourite savoury item on the buffet. 
After some more tea we decided to move on to the sweet section. Now, SJ told us beforehand to leave enough room for dessert, I can only repeat that.
There is a lot of dessert to be had! I chose a piece of summer fruit tart and a few mini cakes. I was especially looking forward to the chocolate and peanutbutter cake with peanut crunch. It didn't disappoint, it was so chocolatey yet still not too heavy. And the peanut crunch at the bottom was amazing and added a different layer of texture to this mini cake.

As my after dessert treat I got some white-chocolate-dipped strawberries and a scoop of cookies and cream icecream with smarties.
We were all rolling out of the Conservatory after two hours. It was a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon with some lovely ladies. 
After seeing my photos L has already suggested we go back soon. I'm very happy to oblige!


Conservatory
Level 1, Crown Towers
8 Whiteman St
Southbank VIC 3006
Phone 03 9292 6895
crownmelbourne.com.au/conservatory
Conservatory on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38