01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Brother Burger And The Marvellous Brew South Yarra 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Brother Burger And The Marvellous Brew South Yarra

34
A few weeks ago Brother Burger And The Marvellous opened its doors on the top end of Chapel St. I work just around the corner and after having drooled over the menu online I booked in dinner with my friends Hoot and Pip.
I was worried on a Thursday night it might be so busy we wouldn't get a table. That was before I realised how big Brother Burger is on the inside! It was quite busy but the place is massive! The front of the restaurant is more bar-style to showcase the different, ever changing beers. The back is a big space with old-school red-leather booths around an open space with tables. It's pretty cool! The walls are lined with antique meat mincers. hundreds of them!
Hoot and Pip ordered a beer each. I'm one of those rare Germans that don't love beer, so I opted for a strawberry milkshake instead. I thought the ambiance of the place called for a milkshake and I wasn't disappointed with the taste, it was delicious!
The menu at Brother Burger obviously focuses on Burgers, but also offers vegetarian options as well as salad and other meat dishes like slow-roasted meats, fish and chips and sandwiches. The guys at Brother Burger pride themselves on using 100% full blood wagyu beef. Hoot, Pip and I all decided to order burgers and some onion rings and shoestring fries to share.
Hoot's 'Fair Dinkum' burger came with a beef patty (duh!), bacon, free-range egg, cheese, house-made pickles, BBQ sauce and mustard-mayo. I had been thinking about ordering this one too, ever since my visit to Andrew's Hamburgers in Albert Park I love fried egg on a burger. The egg was nice and waxy and apparently the burger was very tasty! 
Pip's 'Hot Stuff' burger was piled high with a beef patty, double bacon, cheese, house-made pickles, mustard-mayo, chilli jam and jalapenos. Pip especially loved the cheese; apparently the cheese was so good he would order double cheese next time he goes. From what we could see later, the cooks put the cheese on the patties while their still on the grill. So it melts into the patty.... mmmmmmhhh! 
I was brave and ordered the 'Royal Blue', hoping the blue cheese wouldn't be too overpowering. And it wasn't. A blue cheese cream together with the beef patty, bacon and onion jam was actually really quite delicious! I love when the burger patty is done medium rare! 
We had also ordered shoe-string fries and onion rings as sides. I don't usually eat onions. But these onion rings were so so good! Super crispy and golden on the outside but sweet and soft on the inside. They were truly amazing! The fries were also really good! Next time we might order the hand cut chips, just to see what they are like. 
After our meal we all said we would definitely return. It's a good burger joint with a true American Diner feeling too it. The service was very friendly and fast. With being open until 2am on weekends, I imagine this place would be super busy even late in the evening with people stopping on their way home after a night on Chapel St.

Brother Burger And The Marvellous Brew
560 Chapel St 
South Yarra VIC 3141
www.brotherburger.com.au
Sun-Thur: Midday - 11 pm
Fri & Sat: Midday- 2 am
Brother Burger and the Marvellous Brew on Urbanspoon

Click to add a blog post for Brother Burger on Zomato

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38