01 02 03 Edge Of My Plate: Soup Monday - Spanish Fish Soup 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Soup Monday - Spanish Fish Soup

34
I'm back in Australia and man, it's so cold here! Everybody in Germany always expects me to be super tanned because I live in Australia, but this current weather does nothing for my tan! I feel like an eskimo, rugged up so you can barely see my nose! Something to warm me from the inside and dream of warmer countries is the only remedy at the moment!
Today's recipe is one of my mother's favourite soups, it's from a (German) Thermomix cookbook about Mediterranean cooking. The soup is originally from Mallorca, Spain which is to Germans what Bali is to Australians. Lots of tourists, but also very beautiful and if you look past the tourist malls you can find delicious Spanish food. I made this in a normal pot, so it's slightly changed, but whether you make it in a Thermomix or normal pot, it is absolutely delicious!
According to L we have to make this once a week from now. Oh and in the recipe it calls for either just fish or seafood. Today, we cooked it with a marinara mix from the market and some extra prawns. Soo good! Give it a go, you can thank me later! 

Spanish Fish Soup
(Printable Recipe)
100g onion, very finely chopped
1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
1/2 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
1 tbs olive oil
200g tomatoes, finely diced
150g carrots, finely diced
2 small/ 1 large leek, cut into rings
1 tbs tomato paste
300ml vegetable stock
500ml fish stock
200ml white wine
1 squeeze of lemon
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste
350g firm fleshed fish, diced or seafood or a mix of both

In a heavy based saucepan sauté onion, garlic and parsley in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, carrots, leeks, tomato paste, veggie stock, fish stock, wine, lemon, salt and pepper (basically all other ingredients apart from the fish/ seafood). Stir together and bring to the boil, once it's boiling, turn heat down to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. 
Add the fish or seafood and cook for 5 minutes. 
Serves 4.

Adapted from the Thermomix cookbook "Kulinarisches Mittelmeer" (as far as I know only available in German).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38